Home Forum

Root Top 5 HTC EVO 3D Roms

what are the top 5 roms for the evo 3d? i found some but i want some input. i believe some evo 3d users go on this forum. i really like this one [ROM] SOS M | VER 2.0 | RLS JUNE.6.12 | SPRINT | ICS | AROMA | Swagg3D Out Non-Sense - xda-developers but its non-sense. what are the best sense roms out there. Thanks :)

Related:

#1 narutoninjakid, Jun 12, 2012
I am curious as well and was thinking about opening a thread about it but u beat me to it.

#2 jonsama585, Jun 12, 2012
Has anyone started flashing Evo 3D roms yet? I'd love to start doing this, but I need patched MMS. I think we need a list of patched or Evo V specific roms too. Only ones I can think of are JMZs VM Shooter and LeslieAnn's Harmonia 3.

#3 Draetheus, Jun 12, 2012
i would just like anything without sense...:D

#4 johnny424, Jun 12, 2012
I'm gonna try one of those ROM's, since I use Google Voice and not the carrieris' MMS.

#5 Prey521, Jun 12, 2012
IMO:

ZR3D
Mean
Evergreen (CM7 kang - gingerbread)
ViperROM
Newt's Sense 4

Although I refuse to use Newt's ROM now because I need Bluetooth to work.

#6 jerofld, Jun 12, 2012
In your opinion which one is the best sense ROM or are they all sense

#7 narutoninjakid, Jun 12, 2012
If I try out ViperROM on my evo v is there an easy way to fix mms?

#8 Raul720, Jun 12, 2012
Ive been trying to flash a GingerBread Rom for a while but no success, it gets to the lock screen and then it bootloops. I wish GB Roms would work... :(

#9 voxibanez, Jun 12, 2012
You probably need a gingerbread kernel which you can only install if you have s-off.

#10 Raul720, Jun 12, 2012
I do have S-OFF, I'm downloading ZR3D Rom to try that one and ill try a bunch of different GB kernels with it.

#11 voxibanez, Jun 12, 2012
lol just dont brick it

#12 Snake X, Jun 12, 2012
you can flash any kernel with htc unlock. don't have to be s-off to flash kernels

May or may not work, as the firmware might not work with GB. Same issue sprint 3d users have an issue with running evo v 4g roms using the stock kernel. it has to be modified to work on the older firmware.

cant brick these devices flashing roms. Only if you try to flash firmware do you run a risk of brick

#13 jmz, Jun 12, 2012
Do you know how to modify evo 3d roms that are based on the vm ics update to have mms working?

#14 Raul720, Jun 12, 2012
All but the CM7 kang ROM are Sense ROMs. Newt's Sense 4 is a little quirky still, though.

I think jmz and a few others here are trying to figure out how to port them over to get MMS to work. He'll have to elaborate. I'm no ROM chef.

Which one? If it's that ROM based off of Android 2.3.7, then no, it just doesn't flash on many people's phone. Including mine :( It looks really good, to, so sad.

#15 jerofld, Jun 13, 2012
So in theory ICS and sense ROM's would be more ideal to port over and fix mms?

#16 johnny424, Jun 13, 2012
Some are saying that CM9-based ROMs don't need to be ported over and will work for MMS right out of the gate. You just lose some other features in the process, like A2DP (audio streaming over bluetooth), wimax and 3D.

#17 jerofld, Jun 13, 2012
go fix everything in cm9 and bring it to me on a platter. <3

#18 mastersoup, Jun 13, 2012
i could live without 3d and anything bluetooth related..maybe even wimax sense i dont really get it here unless i go into dc

Edit...tried flashing an evo 3d CM9 ROM...did a full wipe flashed ROM and Gapps and bootlooped..Has anyone been able to successfully flash any evo 3d aosp ROMS while being s-on?

oh yeah forgot to add im using Ext4 also

#19 johnny424, Jun 13, 2012
I think this Rom looks amazing I might port the theme :)

The Express | RC 1.3 | 3-21-12 - xda-developers

#20 Mobstergunz, Jun 19, 2012
Can't wait :)

Lol every time you release a new ROM, it's like the unveiling of a new phone.

#21 thebryceee, Jun 19, 2012
Damn that is sexy....why you teasin us! LOL

#22 Prey521, Jun 20, 2012