HTC One S Forum

Root List of fastboot command.

There is a list of available fastboot commands ?

Not only this:

Code (Text):
  1. fastboot
  2. usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>
  4. commands:
  5.   update <filename>                        reflash device from update.zip
  6.   flashall                                 flash boot + recovery + system
  7.   flash <partition> [ <filename> ]         write a file to a flash partition
  8.   erase <partition>                        erase a flash partition
  9.   format <partition>                       format a flash partition
  10.   getvar <variable>                        display a bootloader variable
  11.   boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ]              download and boot kernel
  12.   flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ]    create bootimage and flash it
  13.   devices                                  list all connected devices
  14.   continue                                 continue with autoboot
  15.   reboot                                   reboot device normally
  16.   reboot-bootloader                        reboot device into bootloader
  17.   help                                     show this help message
  19. options:
  20.   -w                                       erase userdata and cache (and format
  21.                                            if supported by partition type)
  22.   -u                                       do not first erase partition before
  23.                                            formatting
  24.   -s <specific device>                     specify device serial number
  25.                                            or path to device port
  26.   -l                                       with "devices", lists device paths
  27.   -p <product>                             specify product name
  28.   -c <cmdline>                             override kernel commandline
  29.   -i <vendor id>                           specify a custom USB vendor id
  30.   -b <base_addr>                           specify a custom kernel base address
  31.   -n <page size>                           specify the nand page size. default:
  32. 2048
  33.   -S <size>[K|M|G]                         automatically sparse files greater th
  34. an
  35.                                            size.  0 to disable
but also other commands like this

Code (Text):
  1. fastboot oem writecid
  2. fastboot oem writeimei
etc...

Related:

#1 cicciocant, Apr 27, 2013
just type fastboot and youll be given a similar useage list for fastboot commands. it will depend on the phone,and bootloader version,but in general youll see something like:
if you want to know the oem commands then type: fastboot oem ?
an eng or "patched" hboot will less restrictions(for example fastboot flash all partitions),and more oem commands.

for comparison,the above oem ? output was from a normal,ship s-on rezound. the following is from an eng(or engineering) hboot:
not sure if the normal commands differe from the one s,the rezound was handy. i also do not believe there is an eng one s hboot available for comparison.

hope that helps :)

#2 scotty85, Apr 27, 2013
Yes of course. But wath is eng hboot?

#3 cicciocant, Apr 27, 2013
eng= engineering

in the bootloader screen,it will say "eng" where it currently says "ship"

eng bootloaders were initially prepaired for testers of pre-release and developmental devices to make specific changes. they were never really intended to be in the public's hands ;) as i mentioned,i dont think ive ever seen one for the one s. im sure one exists,but no one has leaked it,or accidentally found a device with it,if it does.

once,i completely randomly stumbled upon an eng hboot for the htc merge,while helping a user in puerto rico(his friends device had one) :eek:

patched= modified stock

it is simply a stock hboot that is "patched" or modified to provide some(but not all) of the extra fastboot commands,and elimiate the restrictions of the stock version(example,being able to "fastboot flash" ALL partitions)

patched hboots are not signed with an official htc signiture,and therefore,can ONLY be installed on s off phones. sneeking one onto an s on device(or turning a device s on with one present) will result in a potentially unrecoverable hard brick.

an example of a patched hboot is the hboots installed when one runs the "revolutionary" tool on older phones that that particular tool works on.

come to think of it,ive not seen any patched hboots for the one s,either,but then,im not in the xda one s forums daily

further questions? :)

#4 scotty85, Apr 27, 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28868090

This could be patched hboot

#5 cicciocant, Apr 28, 2013
Hii, friends,

I have HTC One M9+ and some commands is not working on my phone like "fastboot oem ?" or "fastboot oem writeimei"..however command "fastboot oem writecid" is working..have you any idea?
Thanks

#6 feyizu, Mar 9, 2016
Hi :)
when i type fastboot it says
/system/bin/sh:fastboot /not found
can you help me pls?
I cant enter fastboot mode

#7 jhetrosky, Apr 4, 2016