Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

Support Galaxy S3 Screenshot Issues

I cannot stand the method of capturing a screenshot by swiping the side of my hand across the screen. I read you should also be able to do it by holding the home button and the power button at the same time. This method is not working for me....it brings up the task manager every time. I have tried it probably 20 times with no luck. Anyone else have a problem with it?

Related:

#1 Hill284, Jun 26, 2012
You're doing it wrong. Hold down Home Button > Power Key > Volume Down Key at the same time.

#2 sherlock5545, Jun 26, 2012
You don't have to hold volume down.

--------

You have to hold home + power for about 2 seconds.

#3 matttye, Jun 26, 2012

Thank you! I got it to work finally. That is correct you don't have to hold the volume down. I wasn't hitting the buttons at the same time (used to my iphone).

#4 Hill284, Jun 26, 2012
I'm having trouble getting any of the screenshot apps to work with my unrooted S3. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#5 jbirdsf, Jul 13, 2012
Don't use an app. Take your hand sideways and swipe accross the screen.

#6 justaneonlol, Jul 13, 2012
I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. Could you please elaborate?:thinking:

#7 jbirdsf, Jul 13, 2012
goto settings>motion> enable palm swipe to capture

best way i can describe the motion is do a karate chop to the screen then wipe left or right.

#8 teknagen, Jul 13, 2012
Take your hand, make it into a karate chop, start on the right side of your screen, slide it to the left. It'll take a screenshot.

#9 justaneonlol, Jul 13, 2012
Yup, the edge of your hand should be in contact with the S3 display as you swipe across. I made the mistake of doing a air passover and was wondering why it wasn't working. It's a cool feature for sure.

#10 toptobottom, Jul 13, 2012
It worked! So awesome! Thanks guys. :)

#11 jbirdsf, Jul 13, 2012

Make it into a karate chop! LMFAO But that's the way you do it!

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Taking a screen shot or screen capture - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDik7kk1j9I

#12 snilloconator, Jul 13, 2012
You can also just hold down the home button and power button simultaneously for two seconds.

#13 Krunk83, Jul 13, 2012
I like this option much better.

#14 F34R, Jul 27, 2012
I personally like using the buttons to this. When I do it jackie chan stylei always move the screen or accidentally tap something, Like today for example i wanted to screen shot something on google maps to show a friend but it kept going all over the place taking random shots

#15 JayS3, Jul 27, 2012
Per this article:
How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (free - no app required!) | Droid Lessons

Hitting home then power does nothing. I've tried several times and simply cannot get it to function. Swipe works, but that' not ideal in many situations where swiping causes it to do something.
anyone else have any issues with this?
holding home usually ends up causing the taskmanager to come up.

#16 crossmr, Nov 6, 2012

not sure it matters but hold them both at the same time not home than the power button, and it takes about 3 seconds its not instant

#17 Heisenberg123, Nov 6, 2012
Why not palm swipe?

#18 cgfw201, Nov 6, 2012
I've been trying that. Tried to push it several times together, but if you hold it too long it ends up powering down your device.

ah there we go.. i finally managed to get the timing right. It's really sensitive compared to the iphone. It really gives you a lot of ability to hold one button down and then get the other one it doesn't have to be timed to a split second.

#19 crossmr, Nov 6, 2012
:flute:

#20 crossmr, Nov 6, 2012
Three threads merged here:

- Capture Screenshot Problem
- Galaxy S3 Screenshot Issues
- Screenshot not working

Thanks!

#21 scary alien, Nov 6, 2012
after getting the timing right the other day, i simply can't do it again. Just tried a bunch of times and can't get power/home to take a screen shot.

#22 crossmr, Nov 9, 2012
Not that hard dude. Just hold the home and power together at the sane time for 2-3 seconds.

#23 Krunk83, Nov 9, 2012
do you have a case on maybe thats affecting your power button from registering you pressing it

i can do it again and again untill i get bored testing it

#24 Heisenberg123, Nov 9, 2012